Salary: $10.82 - $11.76 depending on experience
Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
Assignment is to work 185 days from July 1 through June 30. Days will be prorated for remainder of 11-12 fiscal year. Hours are flexible and may include some evenings.
· Document all parent/family activities and report to DCS Title 1 Specialist weekly, through electronic contact sheet, file of attendance sheets, descriptions of activities, photographs and flyers.
· Participate in ongoing professional development opportunities and Family Involvement Liaison (FIL) scheduled meetings..
· Communicate with principal, teachers, parents and others in a polite, respectful manner. Apply good grammar and sentence structure in written communication.
· Work collaboratively with others.
· Communicate with parents/guardians face to face, by phone, home visit and/or letter/flyer.
· Model enthusiasm and patience while being a role model for other adults.
· Organize, advertise and facilitate parent meetings/events.
· Help evaluate parent/family involvement in the school through surveys, documentation of family/parent activities held, attendacce sheets, etc.
· Will work 1 - 2 partial days a week during the building's summer break time.
· Ability to flex time to attend meetings in evenings/weekends, etc. as agreed by principal.
· Needs to show initiative, organization, responsibility, and be able to take direction and guidance.
· Positive attitude toward cultural and socio-economic diversity.
· Recognition of the need for confidentiality with respect to children's and parent's right to privacy.
· Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· Capable of lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to withstand weather for outdoor activities.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· Possess basic computer skills or is willing to learn them (Word, email, etc)
· Maintains professional relationship and confidentiality with the school community.
· Is dependable and responsible.
· Has the ability to work effectively in teams and exhibits positive interpersonal skills.
· Has demonstrated the skill of initiative in former work settings.