DEADLINE FOR INTERNAL BIDDERS: 5/30/12 at 3:30 p.m.
POSITION: Special Education Work Based Job Coach. This position involves working as a job coach with students at employment sites, driving a school van and supporting teachers/students in the classroom.
SCHEDULE: 3 hrs/day, 5 days/wk
STARTING DATE: 8/27/12
WORK YEAR: 2012-2013
SALARY: Dependent upon experience, per Paraprofessional Master Agreement (may be viewed at www.isd622.org)
FRINGE BENEFITS: This position is not eligible for benefits unless combined with additional ISD 622 paraprofessional hours to total or exceed 20 hours per week.
- Two years of college or equivalent;
- Personal Care Assistant Training (Training must be completed prior to first student contact day);
- Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (Training must be completed prior to first student contact day);
- Able to lift 50 pounds and be able to restrain students in emergency situations;
- Clean driving record.
- CPR and First Aid Training;
- Special Education Paraprofessional Training;
- Experience working with students with disabilities;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be able to work one-on-one with individual students and with small groups;
- Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team;
- Experience and/or training in behavior management;
- Experience working in a transition program or previous job coaching experience;
- Assist with personal hygiene needs;
- Ability to be flexible while working with staff, team members, and students.