Central Office Adminstrative Assistant
To provide support to central office administration in order to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the Glenview Public School District and promote a positive climate for the entire school community.
- Maintain the operation of the department - including proper maintenance of all office equipment, answering, prioritizing and responding to telephone and written communications
- Maintain confidentiality at all times; handle sensitive and confidential documents, communications, incidents, etc., with discretion and in a conscientious manner
- Assist the department administrator by coordinating the accurate and efficient dissemination of all necessary information to the staff, parents and school community
- Communicate information proactively and share information with appropriate people in a timely manner
- Preparing correspondence, presentations and other materials for department
- Prepare departmental reports - may include Board Reports, State Reports, Federal Reports and Grant Applications
- Maintain all files and resources in departmental office and storage areas
- Process departmental orders
- Track departmental budgets and expenditures
- Maintain departmental calendar including scheduling meetings
- Act as liaison to departmental contacts
- Other duties as assigned by the administrator
High School Diploma or equivalent required - 60 hours of college coursework a plus
3 to 5 years of progressively more responsible secretarial experience
Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
Strong computer and word-processing skills
Proficiency in word processing (50-60 wpm)
Experience in the use of office equipment
Use of database and spreadsheets
Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
Ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate work under time constraints and to be flexible in an environment of multiple tasks and changing priorities
Ability to handle confidential information
12 month position. Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, and life insurance.
This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 15 pounds of materials. It also requires use of computer, good vision, hearing, and and speech for effective communication.
Please apply online.