1. Has a thorough knowledge of all the athletic policy approved by the Davenport Board of Education.
2. Promote the entire athletic program and adhere to the philosophies and policies of Davenport West High School.
3. Willingness to work with Booster Club leadership to coordinate fundraising efforts.
4. Must work to form a positive professional relationship with cheerleaders, athletes, coaches, parents and fans.
5. Must possess an enthusiastic attitude and ability to understand high school age girls in an athletic setting.
6. Ability to teach all cheerleaders the school song and promote school spirit at all times.
7. Will help with the organization of school AUDS and Kick offs.
8. Must provide schedule of events/games that cheerleaders will be attending. Must be approved by Athletic Director.
9. Willingness to perform additional duties as requested by West Administration.
10. Willingness to perform duties that are assigned by the Head Cheerleading Coach.
11. Maintains / emphasizes discipline and demands disciplined behavior from ALL that are involved in the program.
12. Provides and organizes adequate supervision before, during and after practices/games for all students.
HBV - no
Must be able to lift/push/pull 50 lbs and stand for prolonged periods of time.
Previous cheerleading experience is important and successful coaching experience is preferred.
Must be available for evenings and weekends as necessary.
Teach or work at West High School perferred.
Must be able to push/pull/carry and lift up to 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time.
Such alternatives to the above qualfications as the administration may find appropriate and acceptable.