The cook assists in the preparation and serving of food, and in the
cleaning and maintenance of kitchen facilities. To accomplish these
tasks the Cook must work closely with the staff and administration of
Food Service Supervisor, Lead Cook Central Kitchen Manager and
Salary: Range F
1. Experience in food preparation.
2. Desire to continue career improvement.
1. Assist in preparing and serving food.
2. Assist in cleaning and maintaining kitchen facilities.
3. Ensure that all activities conform to district guidelines.
4. Communicate effectively with all members of the school district and community.
5. React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
6. Prepare food as per directions and guidelines.
7. Ensure that all food preparation is done in a timely manner as to meet schedules.
8. Must have working knowledge of basic math applications and computations.
9. Appropriately operate all equipment as required.
10. Support the value of an education.
11. Support the mission and philosophy of USD 260.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
1. Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
2. Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
3. Requires stooping, bending and reaching.
4. Must work in noisy and crowded environments.
5. Must work in and around fumes and odors.
6. Must maintain appropriate levels of personal hygiene and sanitation.
7. Must follow district guidelines for professional food service dress code.
8. Must comply with district, state, and federal sanitation guidelines.
9. Must work with dish washing liquids and powders, solvents and other cleaning chemicals.
10. Must work with materials of intense heat or extreme cold.
1. Prepare and serve food and clean kitchen equipment as directed.
2. Maintain proper sanitary and safety practices.
3. See that district policies are observed at all times.
4. Keep abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
5. Must have knowledge of the National Components of the National School Lunch Program.
6. Adhere to all district health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
7. Other duties as assigned by the head cook, Central Kitchen or administrative staff.
8. Ensure accuracy of food quantities sent to schools.
9. Follow standardized recipes.
10. Inform Central Kitchen Manager of inferior product quality and products not meeting
11. Other duties as assigned by the Food Service Supervisor and Lead Cook Central
Kitchen which are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications of the