Requires 200 days while school is in session for 30hours per week (may include nights and weekends)
Hourly rate = $18.15-$21.50
Responsible for assisting coaches and athletes, by educating both in practice and play techniques, to prevent injuries. Head athletic trainer for Elizabeth High School. Duties to include: Injury diagnosis and rehabilitation, taping and care of athletes prior to practice or games, ordering and inventory of training supplies, communication with parents and physicians, conducting IMPACT testing and evaluation, mentoring of student trainers. training of staff in concussions, CPR and first aide.
1. Assists District Athletic Director in developing and providing athletic training services to the High School and Middle School.
2. Injury evaluation and management
3. Injury prevention – taping, brace fitting, stretching techniques
4. Maintains computer data base for tracking injuries.
5. Pre-participation physicals
6. Educational workshops to include Emergency First Aid, CPR certification and re-certification for all staff.
7. Communicates with administrators, coaches and parents.
8. Other related duties as assigned or requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
Minimum of a BS or BA in related field, CPR and First Aid Certification.
Previous athletic training experience at a collegiate and/or high school level preferred.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR PREPARATION
National Athletic Trainer Association (NATA) Certification preferred or meets the requirements for the State of Colorado Athletic Trainer Bill.
Has the ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers
Maintains a generally positive attitude
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION
As required by the State of Colorado
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching, bending, squatting, stooping, kneeling, crawling
Frequent lifting of up to 20 pounds
Occasional lifting 21 to 50 pounds