Special Education Elementary School Teacher - 2012-2013 school year
Manteno CUSD No. 5 is a growing community and looking for additional enthusiastic teachers!
Job Certification: LBS 1- Endorsements are required along with proper Illinois teaching certification. Self contained teacher servicing students with emotional disabilties.
Salary: Per negotiated salary agreement plus extra-duty stipends available.
Duties Include: Teach students in an instructional setting with co-teaching. Assignment may also include some self-contained instruction.
- Must be patient, able to motivate students, understanding of their students' special needs, and accepting of differences in others.
- Must be creative and apply different types of teaching methods to reach students who are having difficulty learning.
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills.
- Able to demonstrate positive leadership skills.
- Valid Illinois teaching certificate.
Manteno Elementary School houses approximately 500 students in grades PK/EC and 2-4. Located 60 minutes from Chicago, Manteno is a growing suburban community with excellent schools! In March 2006, Manteno residents passed two tax referendums: one authorizing renovations that doubled the capacity of the existing middle school and high school buildings; and another increased the education fund rate. Construction of a new 18 classroom addition was completed in the Fall of 2007.
Thank you for your interest in the Manteno Schools!
Contact person: Andy Furbee - Director of Special Education