Internal applicants have until 4:00 p.m. on Monday, June 18, 2012 to apply.
Description: Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Business Services, performs planning, construction, maintenance, renovation and repair duties in the Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning systems.
Job Summary: 8.0 hours/day, 5 days/week, 260 days/year
- Monitors and regulates HVAC systems to ensure operating efficiency
- Tests/treats water and maintains analysis logs. Performs maintenance/repair activities.
- Replaces valves, gaskets, bearings and other system components.
- Prepares boilers for annual inspections and summer shutdowns.
- Installs, alters and/or repairs pipe and control systems. Replaces fixtures. Performs pressure tests to ensure that repaired systems function properly.
Application Procedure: Apply online
- High school diploma. Trade skills substantiates by training and/or relevant work experience.
- Ability to lift/move items weighing 70 pounds and perform physically demanding work.
- An acceptable score on pre-employment skill test may be required.
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules, board policies, and administrative guidelines/procedures.
- Demonstrates evidence of appropriate literacy and numeracy skills (i.e. reading comprehension, written/oral communication, mathematical reasoning/application, etc.)
- Displays flexibility, reliability, self-discipline and a willingness to take on challenging tasks.
- Embodies high ethical standard/integrity. Accepts personal responsibility for decisions/conduct.
- Familiarity with building systems (e.g. HVAC, alarm systems, etc.).
- Maintains a record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
- Meets all mandated health screening requirements.
- HVAC Certified
Salary: Step 1, $45,400
Standard Employee Benefits
Hiring Manager: George Petkac, Assistant Director of Business Services
HR Staff: Patricia A. Horton, Assistant Director of Human Resources
Stacey Walker, Confidential Administrative Assistant - Human Resources