May 24, 2012
SUMMER SCHOOL PARAPROFESSIONAL/SECURITY (Temporary)
PHOENIX EXPERIENCE SCHOOL
VACANCY: The Valley View Public School District is seeking an individual to fill a temporary, Paraprofessional/Security position for the 2012 summer school year.
From June 11, 2012 through June 29, 2012
Session I times are: 7:15 AM - 11:30 AM.
Session II times are 12:00-4:15 PM.
· Supervises washrooms, hallways, auditorium, cafeteria, commons, and LMC
· Check on all student activity in and around building and grounds
· Become knowledgeable of the Student-Parent Handbook regarding school policies
· Write detentions/referrals for rules violations
· Monitor parking area 15-20 minutes after school
· Monitor study halls all day for truancy
· Maintain a daily log that identifies all incidents and violations that occur
· Completes additional duties as required by the administration
· Reports to the Summer School Principal
· High school diploma or equivalent (some college preferred)
· Good character and health (physical and negative TB test before starting)
· Work experience at the high school level (preferred)
· Must be able to deal with verbal confrontation
· Communicates well with the public
WORKING CONDITIONS: The salary is paid in accordance with the current paraprofessional salary schedule.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should apply online at www.vvsd.org and upload a letter of application with resume and three (3) letters of recommendation or mail to Human Resources, Administration Center, 755 Dalhart Avenue, Romeoville, IL 60446.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: The deadline for receiving applications is May 31, 2012. Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable after the deadline date.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER