Provides assistance with classroom organization, management, and presentation/development of classroom instruction. Works under general supervision of the instructional staff
- Assists the teacher in the preparation of educational materials for students.
- Works individually with students and/or in small groups to help reinforce learning objectives.
- Assists with all aspects of the daily routine, including distributing and collecting supplies, keeping attendance records, and grading quizzes as assigned.
- Participates in lunchroom, recess, hall-monitoring, and bus duties.
- Assists with preparing and maintaining bulletin boards and other learning centers areas for instruction.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator
- High School Diploma or GED required plus 60 semester hours of college credit; OR 90 quarter hours from a technical college; OR pass the Georgia Paraprofessional Assessment test with a minimum score of 475.
- Georgia Paraprofessional Certificate required.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal Good organizational skills.
- Classroom experience and/or proven ability to work with children preferred
- 0 – 1 year experience required
It is the policy of the Fulton County School System not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability in any employment practice, educational program, or any other program, activity, or service. If you wish to make a complaint or request accommodation or modification due to discrimination in any program, activity, or service, contact Compliance Coordinator Ron Wade, 786 Cleveland Avenue, S.W., Atlanta, Georgia 30315, or phone 404-763-4585. TTY 1-800-255-0135.