||Open Until Filled|
|LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:
The Library Clerical/AR Aide is to help teachers and students effectively use the library facilities, materials, accelerated reader program, and equipment.
TEA certification requirements
No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 Requirements for Paraprofessionals that include one of the following:
· completed at least 2 years of study at an institution of higher education; or
· obtained an associate's degree; or
· met a rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate, through a formal State or local academic assessment -
knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics; or
knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics
readiness, as appropriate
High School Graduate or GED
Ability to type
Basic knowledge of library materials and procedures
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Helps maintain the effective operation of the accelerated reader program.
- Helps supervise students using the accelerated reader program.
- Prepares reports generated by the accelerated reading system for teachers and others as requested.
- Types bibliographies, letters, purchase orders, requisitions, and routes correspondence as directed.
- Prepares new books for shelving and maintains all books and materials in good condition.
- Helps maintain and update inventory.
- Generates reports as requested by the librarian.
- Helps maintain checklists of periodicals and book orders.
- Assists in making and submitting resource usage reports to the Library Services Department.
- Assists users in locating and using materials and equipment.
- Shelves materials in library media center.
- Maintains files on materials, facilities, and personnel available from community sources.
- Communicates well with the library media specialist, teachers, and students to maintain an orderly atmosphere.
- Maintains and conducts minor repairs on materials and equipment.
- Helps produce instructional media as directed.
- Assists with inventory and weeding procedures.
- Helps maintain a clean and attractive appearance of the library media center.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself and/or to others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Copier, personal computer, typewriter, and audio visual equipment
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Maintain emotional control under stress; frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing; move small stacks of textbooks and media equipment.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Signature of Employee Date
The Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.