Music Education - Northpoint Elementary
DUTY DAYS: 111 Days or a .6 FTE
START: August 20, 2008
HOURS: 8 hours at 3 days per week (rotating schedule)
DUTIES: Candidate will be responsible for all assigned grade classroom duties and responsibilities, which will include:
- implement our district Essential Learning Outcomes into unique lesson plans that incorporate the cultures represented in our student body.
- create interactive lessons using technology such as the SmartBoard and programs online and in the computer lab.
- coordinate a multicultural student art exhibit in coordination with other staff and parent volunteers.
- collaborate with art teachers district-wide in a Professional Learning Community (PLC) to continuously improve the art program K-12.
- engage students with a wide variety of media, including ceramics.
- differentiate lessons to be inclusive of all learning styles and special needs.
QUALIFICATIONS: Current Minnesota State Licensure in Elementary Art Education (1-6) required, BA/BS level preferred. Position requires someone who is enthusiastic, self-motivated about teaching students and working with staff, and has the ability to be a flexible team member. Candidate must have strong communication skills, and value working in partnership with parents and other staff members to provide focused on improving student learning.
SALARY: Teacher’s Salary Schedule
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open
INTERVIEWS: Interviews will be scheduled at the request of the School District. All applicants must obtain and complete school district application forms from the District Office before their candidacy will be considered. Questions: Mike Callahan 763-754-9700
Applications are available online from our website at: www.springlakeschools.org