Internal Applicants only
if interested, e-mail Doug Trombley at DATROMBL@stcs.org
K-2 Literacy and Numeracy Summer School Coordinator
This position reports to the Director of Learning, Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
Coordinator Schedule: August 13-24, 2012
- Monday through Friday
- Staff Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Student Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Planning for implementation and evaluation are above and beyond the scheduled dates and times for this program.
- Assisting in the hiring of staff and the identification of students.
- Providing leadership for curriculum/instruction and the overall student/program evaluation.
- Planning and implementing the summer program, e.g., daily schedules, required parent component activities, field trips, inventory of materials/supplies, etc.
- Establishing guidelines for student behavior and procedures and consequences for misbehavior.
- Developing a process for ongoing communication with parents and staff.
- Developing a written summary and evaluation of the program.
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Learning, Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment.
- Valid Michigan elementary teaching certification.
- Possessing or working towards a Master's Degree in Educational Leadership and/or teacher coaching experience preferred.
- Interest in working with at-risk students.
- Computer knowledge and skills preferred.
Experience teaching in a previous summer program preferred.