Spring Lake park Schools
Student Support Specialist (Dean of Students)
DAYS: 185 DAYS
START: AUGUST 27, 2012
HOURS: 8 hours/day, 5 days/week
DUTIES: Provide a seamless support system for students, academically, behaviorally & socially, as they progress through Northpoint Elementary School. The job will consist of but is not limited to the following:
- Will ensure all students are valued, inspired, and have a sense of belonging.
- Will support in developing the academic, life, and career skills necessary for all students to be 4th grade ready and succeed in the 21st century.
- Have experience, knowledge, and success with implementing Responsive Classroom and Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS).
- Collaborate with principal to report on progress, plan next steps, and enhance the school wide Behavioral System of Intervention.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with students, staff, and families in a proactive and responsive way.
- Facilitate and enhance Targeted Services program opportunities for all students.
- Access, implement and follow through with proven resources, strategies, and programs for students to ensure their success in school.
- Address barriers to learning and improved school performance.
- Be a member of the Northpoint leadership team by assisting with design and implementation of professional learning. Work in collaboration with the Continuous Improvement Coach, SOI Specialist, and the grade level/dept. Professional Learning Communities to facilitate the implementation and follow-through of the System of Intervention.
QUALIFICATIONS: Current MN Elementary Teaching Licensure, Administrative Licensure or working toward completion
SALARY: Per Teacher Salary Schedule
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at http://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Applications will be reviewed as received and qualified candidates will be interviewed until the position is filled. Applicants must submit a completed online Spring Lake Park District application before their candidacy will be considered. Questions: Mr. Mike Callahan 763-754-9700.