Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
· EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
· Maintain skills that qualify for employment in the private sector in comparable highly trained and experienced positions.
· Respond to work order requests, make most repairs, changes, etc., as necessary, with minimum supervision.
· Use expertise to evaluate situations/tasks. Make recommendations to the Supervisor of Maintenance when work to be done suggests change, or because of the amount or technical nature of the work or use of an outside contractor is to be considered.
· Ability to oversee work performed by contractors from time to time as directed by the Supervisor of Maintenance.
· Assumes responsibility for the safe condition of lighting fixtures, electrical apparatus, wiring, air conditioning and refrigeration units, HVAC controls and similar electric elements in the facilities owned or operated by the district.
· Instructs custodians and maintenance workers of proper safety methods and procedures relating to ballast replacement work.
· Recommends supplies and equipment for purchase, and maintains the inventory of district owned tools, equipment, and supplies related to this position.
· Examines district owned facilities on a regular basis for purposes of preventive maintenance.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Maintenance.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
· Able to walk up and down stairs.
· Ability to work in a variety of environments, including heights, outdoors, and/or confined spaces.
· Ability to climb, balance, stoop or kneel frequently.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS:
· High school graduate.
· Certificate of completion of apprenticeship program or trade school classes in electrical work.
· Current Journeyman Electrician's license or equivalency.
· Experienced in industrial and commercial electrical maintenance of electrical fixtures, wiring, electrical apparatus, air conditioning, refrigeration units, and similar electrical units owned and operated by the district.
· Demonstrate a commitment to multicultural nonsexist policies and practices.
· Pride in finished projects.
· Sufficient physical strength to lift and move heavy objects.
· Able to work from ladders or scaffolding. Must be able to work at heights comfortably.
· Excellent communication abilities with students, supervisors, and fellow district employees.
· Proven ability to be a positive force in a competitive work environment.
· Familiarity with AMP probe and multi-meter as well as all other necessary tools associated with electrical maintenance and repair.
· Able to follow oral and written instructions.
· Excellent attendance, work history, and safety record.
· Excellent driving record. Valid driver's license required.
· Certificate, license, or other legal credentials required.
· Criminal record verification required.
· Performance evaluation administered yearly.
· Must be willing to work either day or night (usually days) and some weekends. Shift will vary and will be based upon the needs of the school district; typical hours will be 7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
· This job description is a general outline only of the duties and responsibilities and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additions and/or deletions may be made at any time by the Maintenance Supervisor.