REPORTS TO: Executive Director
2010-2012 SALARY: As Per RAA Schedule; D62; $71,771 (Entry level) to 95,060 WORK YEAR: 260 days (includes 4 weeks vacation)
STARTING DATE: July 1, 2012
The Coordinator of Student and Family Engagement will develop and maintain relationships with families and ensure that they receive comprehensive services through their participation in the program. Comprehensive services include health and social services, disabilities, early childhood education and care services, and a range of parent development training opportunities at the site. The Coordinator is also responsible for conducting community outreach efforts to identify and develop relationships with community-based organizations that provide other needed services to families.
*Minority candidates are encouraged to apply
- Work with administration and teachers to select students and staff for the program.
- Recruit and build a core team of professionals including administrators and teachers.
- Recruit and enroll families into the program.
- Develop and maintain meaningful, productive relationships with families
- Participate in recruiting volunteers from the community.
- Partner and recruit families for volunteer opportunities.
- Partner with Olmsted County Community Services, United Way of Olmsted County, and other Community agencies.
- Refer and link children and parents to needed services.
- Maintain enrollment throughout the program year through various recruitment strategies.
- Work in collaboration with other program staff and consultants to monitor, track and coordinate services for children and parents
- Assist parents with understanding and implementing the Family Partnership Agreement in order to encourage and promote their overall development, including achievement of self-sufficiency, as well as positive developmental outcomes for their children
- Collaborate with Education Staff to facilitate children's transitions.
- Assist with outreach to families and recruitment of infants and children with disabilities into the program.
- Assist in planning parent activities, encourage parent participation in program activities, and obtain feedback from parents regarding the level of satisfaction with the services they receive.
- Coordinate school and community events supporting student and family engagement.
- Maintain records and document services in a timely manner.
- Enter service data into management information system.
- Attend family support team meetings, staff meetings, staff trainings, collaborations and planning meetings.
- Ability to establish supportive relationships with children and families from diverse backgrounds nds
- Ability to utilize reflective supervision.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team as a cooperative and supportive team member.
- Knowledge of school and community resources, and family systems and capacity to develop community cooperation to ensure that families receive comprehensive services including financial resources.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must have good written, verbal, communication and organizational skills.
Must be able to manually operate a computer and other office equipment.
Must be able to travel within the community (i.e., parents' homes, community agencies, etc.), may require climbing stairs.
Minnesota Teaching License
A Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Experience working with families in a community-based Head Start or family support program preferred.
Rochester Public Schools has the seventh largest enrollment in Minnesota with 16,300 K-12 students with a District goal to diversify its workforce. The student population mirrors the growing diversity of the community with a minority student population of 27.37 percent. Rochester, Minnesota, a city of 100,000 and twice voted "The Best Place to Live in America" by Money magazine, is home to the Mayo Clinic and IBM. Rochester draws residents and visitors from around the world. Competitive salary and benefits provided.
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply on-line at www.applitrack.com/rochester/onlineapp