Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
· EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
· Ability to construct, design, maintain, repair and finish district furnishings and building equipment with in the carpentry field such as: cabinets, counters, shelves, desks, tables, doors, door frames, overhead doors, door hardware, weather stripping , windows, window frames, blinds, stair cases, stair treads, walls, drywall, ceilings, roofs, flooring, lockers, bookcases, chairs, concrete, and other similar maintenance projects, including finishing work such as staining, varnishing, and painting related in the district buildings.
· Must be able to make carpentry repairs as requested through work orders, emergency situations or at the direction of Maintenance Supervisor.
· Experience and skills to perform a wide range of carpentry and cabinet work.
· Facilitates building and classroom remodeling including erecting of scaffolding, formation of concrete forms, and similar nonstructural projects attendant upon repairs and construction.
· Ability to analyze and estimate the costs and materials needed to build, rebuild or remodel a given project, including recompilation of materials.
· Recommends and purchases supplies and equipment as needed. Maintains the inventory of district owned tools, equipment and supplies.
· Installs playground equipment per factory specifications.
· Responsible for and accomplishes assigned tasks in an efficient timely manner.
· Some record keeping required.
· Adhere to all local fire and safety codes using good safe working habits during all work assignments.
· Must be flexible to meet the needs of the school district working generally during the day, possibly some nights or weekends.
· Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
· Able to walk up and down stairs.
· Ability to work in a variety of environments, including heights, outdoors, and/or confined spaces.
· Ability to climb, balance, stoop or kneel frequently.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS:
· Five years carpentry experience.
· Knowledge of tools and methods of carpentry trade.
· Self motivated with good ethical and safe work habits.
· Able to read blueprints.
· Imagination to perform unusual projects.
· Creativity to resolve problems.
· Pride in finished projects.
· Proven ability to have produced quality furniture and cabinetry.
· Ability to function efficiently with minimum supervision.
· Sufficient physical strength to lift and move heavy objects.
· Able to work from ladders or scaffolding. Must be able to work at heights comfortably.
· Excellent communication abilities with students, supervisors, and fellow district employees.
· Able to follow oral and written instructions.
· Excellent attendance, work history and safety record.
· Excellent driving record. Valid drivers license required.
· Criminal record verification required.
· Performance evaluation administered yearly.
· Sensitive to the needs of all staff and students regardless of their race, national origin, sex or disability.
· This job description is a general outline only of the duties and responsibilites and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additions and/or deletions may be made at any time by the Maintenance Supervisor.