Salary: $12.50-$12.88/hr certified with Iowa teaching license or para-educator license
Hours: 7 hours plus a half hour unpaid lunch
Desirable Position Criteria
· High School Diploma
· Experience as an associate preferred
· Work with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
· Assist the teacher in devising strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests and abilities.
· Support generalization of skills in an integrated setting.
· Demonstrate effective communication skills.
· Demonstrate collaborative skills in a team environment.
· Support PBIS for all students in all settings.
· Operate and care for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
· Implement behavior support plan.
· Maximize use of time throughout the day.
· Guide independent work, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
· Assist with the supervision of the students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, and field trips.
· Assist with such large group and small group activities.
· Read to students, listen to students read, and participate in such other forms of oral communication with students.
· Assist with lunch, snack, and cleanup routines.
· Assist with wash-up and toilet routines.
· Serve as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
· Maintain the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully licensed teachers.
· Assist with accurate data collection.
· Commit to ongoing professional growth to support the unique needs of individual students.
is the policy of the Waukee Community School District not to
illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
gender, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital
status (for programs), genetic information (for employment), sexual
orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs)
in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If
you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please
contact the district's Equity Coordinator, Mr. Duane Magee, Assistant
Superintendent of Human Resources, 560 SE University Avenue, Waukee, IA 50263. Phone number: 515-987-5161. Email: email@example.com;
or to the Director of the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Des Moines,
Iowa; or to the Director of the Region VII Office of Civil Rights,
Department of Education, Chicago, Illinois. The Waukee Community
School District complaint procedure in its entirety is located in the
Board of Directors' Policy Manual. Procedures
for staff are outlined in Board policy 405.5. Procedures for parents,
students and community members are referred to in Board policy 502.9
and 1003.3. Copies of the
Policy Manual are located in each Principal's office, the
Administrative Office, the Waukee Public Library and the District's