ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to Building Administrator
JOB SUMMARY: Perform a wide variety of duties, some of a confidential nature. Perform general secretarial duties which may be required but not limited to answering phones, basic computer functions, typing, filing, copying, distributing mail, proofreading, etc. Provide the monitoring of students before and after school hours, and those referred to the office during the day.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serve as Receptionist to the building, Secretary to the building administrator(s) and as designated for the staff.
2. Perform all tasks required in the accounting of building personnel: payroll, evaluations, records, etc.
3. Perform all tasks required in the accounting of school pupils: class lists, permanent records, enter, exits, etc.
4. Perform and handle all duties related to enrollment or pre-enrollment, including summer school, kindergarten orientation, and magnet schools.
5. Collect moneys, writes receipts, and maintain district bookkeeping.
6. Perform all duties related to food service accounting.
7. Maintain all accounting of transportation of students: field trips and bus routes.
8. Perform health room duties as allowed by board policy.
9. Assist with preparation of required reports.
10. Maintain copier, office machines, and vending machines.
11. Order, account for, and distribute needed supplies.
12. Perform duties related to textbook ordering, inventory, returns, and rebinding.
13. Keep an up-to-date inventory of equipment and keys.
14. Maintain monthly budget accounting and assist with preparation of annual budget.
15. Assemble and distribute student and community information.
16. Participate as a member of the crisis management team.
17. Assign duties to Clerk if applicable.
18. Perform other duties as requested by the Principal.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written. Adequate knowledge of computers, 10-key, and other office equipment. Typing speed of 35 words per minute and acceptable score on district aptitude test.
INTERRELATIONS: Contact with all levels of personnel within the district and with parents and community.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Occasional overtime required. Occasional travel for errands as needed.
NEEDED ATTRIBUTES: Ability to exhibit a professional manner and provide support to parents, students, staff, and other district personnel. Ability to maintain confidentiality of all records, information, and situations.