NON-UNION JOB POSTING
The following position is available as part of a collaborative effort between the Brighton Area Schools, Hartland Consolidated Schools and the Livingston Educational Service Agency. Outlined below is basic information regarding the position.
NETWORK & DESKTOP COMPUTER TECHNICIAN
QUALIFICATIONS: College degree preferred with experience in network administration and desktop hardware maintenance.
KEY CHARACTERISTICS: The preferred candidate will have successful experience with PC and Macintosh computers and experience supporting various network applications such as: Windows and Microsoft Exchange. Knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory, VOIP, and CISCO. Knowledge of K-12 educational organizations and the ability to communicate and facilitate with staff is essential to the success of the technician.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Network & Desktop Computer Technician will work primarily in the Brighton Area Schools and will report to the Network Administrator. The Technician will be primarily responsible for the following functions and activities at the Livingston Educational Services Agency Brighton locations:
- Managing the assignment and life-cycle replacement of computers and other technology within the Agency,
- Prioritizing, tracking and reporting technology work orders,
- Assisting the Lead Network Administrator,
- Managing the Agency's cable TV channel,
- Setting-up the AV equipment for various meetings,
- Assisting staff in the full utilization of standard software package features (particularly Macintosh users),
- Troubleshooting, maintaining, cleaning and repair of network equipment, computers and peripherals,
- Installation and support for network and desktop software packages,
- Answer questions and help users become efficient in the application of current and new technology.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested persons who are certified and qualified, please complete the on-line application www.livingstonesa.org
“The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or nonprescribed controlled substance in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the District. The Livingston Educational Service Agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies should be directed to the Deputy Superintendent.”