REPORTS TO: Program Manager for Marketing and Recruitment
The Community Specialist provides direct support to the implementation of the Hartford Magnet recruitment and marketing activities, specifically, to recruit suburban families applying to the Hartford Magnet Schools. The Community Specialist attends community recruitment events, RSCO fairs, and technical assistance session to support families and other stakeholders during the Regional School Choice application process. In addition, provides technical and staff support for overall operation of the department, including direct support to the RSCO parent center.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes and attends recruitment events, fairs and information sessions.
- Responsible for one-to-one information sessions and recruitment of families.
- Provides administrative support to assist in the development of promotional materials, general mailings and other efforts to implement the marking plan.
- Maintains reports on customer/parent contacts and recruitment efforts.
- Maintains contact with interested families through the recruitment season.
- Works in collaboration with Hartford Magnet Schools to develop open house activities.
- Develops and maintains a centralized calendar of recruitment activities and events.
- Updates mailing list for recruitment and maintains communication data base.
- Assist with maintenance of the Hartford Host Magnets websites.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director or designee.
- BA or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Prior experience in recruitment, marketing, or sales preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Internet and Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, Constant Contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of partners.
- Ability to work with parents and other stakeholders to problem solve matters.
- Ability to remain calm under very stressful conditions.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use technology to maintain a variety of records.
- Extremely organized.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including hours outside the normal workday during recruitment campaign.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary Grid – C470 ($37,147-$44,056) 2009-2010
Twelve month work year.
UNION AFFILIATION: Hartford Educational Support Personnel, Local 82, AFSA, AFL-CIO (HESP)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All internal and external applicants must submit an online application.
Please visit http://talent.hartfordschools.org/
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D