ACE Tech Charter High School serves approximately 500 students from Chicago’s Back of the Yards, Washington Park and Englewood neighborhoods on Chicago's south side. ACE Tech was founded in 2004 to increase the number of urban, low-income, minority and female youth who enter the architecture, construction, and engineering professions. While many students are interested in these professions, ACE Tech caters to students with a wide variety of interests and aspirations. The student body demographic is 66% Black and 28% Hispanic. 95% of students are low income and 15% are in special education programs. ACE Tech’s mission is to provide for our students the highest levels of instruction and academic achievement combined with exemplary character development that will prepare them for postsecondary and apprenticeship education and sustained lifelong success.
Description of Position
ACE Tech Charter High School is seeking a dedicated educator and school leader to serve as a Math Specialist whose primary responsibility is the instruction of children who need additional support with numeracy as well as support of teachers through professional development and coaching. The Math Specialist also evaluates the school-wide math program through observation and feedback.
- Work with struggling readers through diagnostic assessment, progress monitoring assessment, intervention, and Response to Intervention
- Work with teachers in their unit planning to address the needs of struggling students in the classroom.
- Support teachers’ learning as a math coach through professional development, helping them reflect on their own knowledge and implementation of evidence-based instructional practices in order to improve student learning.
- Adhere to a formalized teacher coaching model through observation and feedback.
- Use best practices in the classroom and one-on-one to engage students and drive student achievement.
- Organize an instructional support system.
- Participate in required staff meetings:
? Management Meeting
? Bi-weekly grade level meetings
? Bi-weekly professional development
- Attend summer professional development opportunities and curriculum planning workshops.
· Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university
· Master’s degree (MA/MS) in Curriculum & Instruction or Educational Leadership
· Valid Illinois Teaching Certificate
· At least 5 years of teaching experience in an urban high school setting is preferred
Desired traits include:
· Exemplary rapport with students and colleagues
· Hard worker who does whatever it takes to achieve desired results
- Enjoys being part of a team
- Passionate about the opportunity to positively affect student outcomes and school culture
- Honors confidentiality
- Shares knowledge about strategies to support English Language Learners
- Assistant Principal
Compensation, Benefits and Hours
- Competitive compensation based upon experience
- Full benefits (health, eye and dental)
- Current hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 – 4:30. .
- This is a 10.5 -month position with limited summer professional development opportunities and curriculum planning workshops.
How To Apply: All interested candidates please send a resume, cover letter on why this position appeals to you, and three references to contact to Cecilia Baader at email@example.com Applicants must be prepared to teach an example lesson.