ACE Tech Charter High School serves approximately 500 students from Chicago’s Back of the Yards, Washington Park and Englewood neighborhoods on Chicago's south side. ACE Tech was founded in 2004 to increase the number of urban, low-income, minority and female youth who enter the architecture, construction, and engineering professions. While many students are interested in these professions, ACE Tech caters to students with a wide variety of interests and aspirations. The student body demographic is 66% Black and 28% Hispanic. 95% of students are low income and 15% are in special education programs. ACE Tech’s mission is to provide for our students the highest levels of instruction and academic achievement combined with exemplary character development that will prepare them for postsecondary and apprenticeship education and sustained lifelong success.
Description of Position
ACE Tech Charter High School is seeking a dedicated educator and school leader to serve as a Data and Testing Coordinator whose primary responsibility is the instruction of children who need additional support with numeracy as well as support of teachers through professional development and coaching.
The Data and Testing Coordinator will be responsible for compiling the student and teacher data and reports for ACE Technical Charter High School.
1. Oversee all-school testing administration for all practice tests, as well as official ACT, Explore, and PLAN tests
2. Maintain school calendar to coordinate work flow and meetings.
3. Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information.
4. Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
5. Organize and maintain all-school testing structures.
6. Overall Test data analysis and reporting of student skill deficits to teachers and students
7. Coordinate Staff development on ACT and PSAE
8. Oversee school-wide scope and sequence and College Readiness Skill goals
9. Develop teacher analysis reports & track teacher progress on skill growth goals
10. Administer data structures in Power School as well as support scheduling and programming
11. Coordinate and maintain records for teaching and administrative staff.
12. Create and modify documents such as invoices, reports, memos, letters and financial statements using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other presentation software such as Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
13. May conduct research, compile data and prepare papers for consideration and presentation to the Executive Director, staff and Board of Directors, Central Office, and the Office of New Schools
14. Set up and coordinate meetings and conferences.
15. Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, Board or other meetings.
16. Interact with parents, teachers, and students.
17. Compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
18. Support staff in assigned project-based work.
19. Assists in special events, such as the annual meeting, parent meetings, and pep rallies.
20. Interface with Central office systems including IMPACT and Oracle.
· Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university
· Master’s degree (MA/MS) in Statistics, MESA, or Educational Leadership
· Valid Illinois Teaching Certificate
· At least 5 years of teaching experience in an urban high school setting is preferred
Desired traits include:
· Exemplary rapport with students and colleagues
· Hard worker who does whatever it takes to achieve desired results
- Enjoys being part of a team
- Passionate about the opportunity to positively affect student outcomes and school culture
- Honors confidentiality
- Assistant Principal
Compensation, Benefits and Hours
- Competitive compensation based upon experience
- Full benefits (health, eye and dental)
- Current hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 – 4:30. .
- This is a 10.5 -month position with limited summer professional development opportunities and curriculum planning workshops.
How To Apply: All interested candidates please send a resume, cover letter on why this position appeals to you, and three references to contact to Cecilia Baader at email@example.com Applicants must be prepared to teach an example lesson.