2nd Grade Teacher - Nodland Elementary
- Iowa teaching license
- K-6 Elementary Endorsement required
- Reading Endorsement preferred
- Demonstrates competence in classroom management
- Aligns assessment with instruction
- Knowledge of Differentiated Instruction and classroom application
- Proficient in the demonstration of research-based instructional practices
- Creates a classroom culture that supports learning of every student
- Highly skilled in the use of technology to enhance instruction (document camera, CPS responders, interactive board)
- Experience with Diverse Student Populations preferred
Able to work on a team, serving a diverse student population
Employee must be able to sit, stoop, bend, and walk as needed on a daily basis. While performing duties within this job, employee may be exposed to indoor and outdoor conditions. The noise level in this work environment ranges from mild to loud.
The Sioux City Community School District exists to educate students to believe in their talents and skills, achieve academic excellence and succeed in reaching their potential.
We are proud that more than 58 percent of our teachers and administrators have masters, specialist, or doctorate degrees. We are a progressive organization that is considered a leader in education. Every effort will be made to recruit the most qualified candidates for all position within the District. We recognize that diversity is an asset to be valued and will strive to encourage diversity among our workforce.
Sioux City serves as the regional hub for business, employment, industry, retail trade, medical care, educational opportunities and tourism in Northwest Iowa, Southeast South Dakota, and Northeast Nebraska. More than 140,000 people live in the tri-state metropolitan area. To learn more about our city visit http://www.sioux-city.org/.
Interested applicants must complete an on-line application.