MONTEZUMA-CORTEZ SCHOOL DISTRICT RE-1
DEAN OF STUDENTS & RESPONSE TO INTERVENTION
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for coordinating the building-wide RtI process in both academic and behavioral aspects. Protect instructional time for staff by effectively addressing behavioral issues building-wide. Develops and promotes discipline and good community relations among various community and school clientele.
- Minimum Education
- Minimum Experience
- Skill Requirements
- RtI (academic and behavioral) systems knowledge and experience
- Effective communication
- Management, training and supervision
- General Expectations
- Is flexible
- Has the ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers
- Maintains a generally positive attitude
- Observes all district policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the building principal in general school matters such as building initiatives (PLC, RtI) and developing schedules.
- Counsel students with emotional and behavioral needs (individual) and small group (i.e. divorce, death, friendship, social skills, self esteem, and possible peer mentoring).
- Discipline students for behavioral offenses or other concerns.
- Facilitate the creation of RtI plans for students needing behavioral and/or academic support.
- Contact parents or other agencies concerning student’s issues (i.e. discipline, attendance, behavior, abuse, counseling concerns, academic concerns and meet as needed with these groups as needed).
- Conduct Bullying Prevention and Character Education lessons in the classroom and/or during specials.
- Write 504 plans and meet with parents, and school personnel as needed to review plans on a yearly basis as requested by the principal.
- Attend RtI problem solving meetings, Special Education staffings, parent conferences as requested by the principal.
- Coordinate District Level (MAPS), (DIBELS) and State Level (CSAP) tests. Conduct training for staff on administration of CSAP and schedule staff as needed to provide accommodations for IEP, ILP and ELL students. Coordinate, disperse, and collect testing materials.
- Attend district RtI meetings and professional development opportunities.
- Attend monthly building level accountability meetings as requested by the principal.
- Perform scheduled duties (i.e. lunchroom, recess, bus).
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the school, when the principal is out of the building.
- Monitor student attendance at the building level.
- Collaborate with community agencies.
- Other duties as assigned
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION: Colorado Teaching certificate or license
ESSENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: Mostly clean and comfortable
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Occasional lifting and frequent sitting, standing and walking
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Assists with supervision of teaching and support staff attached to the school.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. This job description is not intended to create any express or implied contract of employment or expectancy of continued employment for any definite term.