Elementary Literacy Coach
Alice Smith Elementary
A literacy coach is one who helps teachers to recognize what they know and can do, assists teachers as they strengthen their ability to make more effective use of what they know and do, and supports teachers as they learn more and do more.
The emphasis is on teachers. As a literacy coach, your most significant clients are teachers. Student achievement is the teachers' desired outcome, and you are there to help achieve that goal, but your focus is teachers.
- Works directly with teachers in individual and small-group meetings.
- Assists teachers in differentiating reading instruction.
- Models differentiated reading instruction and effective reading practices in classrooms with teachers and students.
- Uses student reading data to identify student reading needs and supports teachers in their instructional decision-making.
- Continued collaboration with site administrators and district literacy coaches
Needs to be well versed in the research, theory and practices of literacy instruction. Has knowledge and experience in working with adult learners. Has strong interpersonal skills, especially in the areas of communication and empathy, and good skills in planning and organizing. Being trustworthy, loyal and having a positive attitude would make a literacy coach particularly strong. Demonstrates the qualities of a life-long learner
We will be hiring 1 literacy coach to work at Alice Smith Elementary.