Special Education Compliance Clerk - SHARS
Director for Special Education
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:
$12.22 - $17.78
The Special Education Compliance Clerk for SHARS is responsible for all phases of processing for Medicaid claims for special education eligible students. This includes the interfaces between SHARS, reimbursement, ARD documentation, tracking & monitoring of billing system entries and logs/billing tickets/services, working with the Medicaid billing agent and other personnel to facilitate compliance with the SHARS and TEA documentation requirements for Medicaid billing.
1. High School Diploma or Higher or GED
2. Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Medicaid Billing (preferred)
2. Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with school personnel, colleagues, parents and the general public
3. Ability to type 30 wpm
4. Ability to operate job related financial and student management systems
5. Ability to efficiently manage time and organize work
6. Maintain a professional attitude under stress
7. Electronic spreadsheet and file management
1. Two or more years of experience in one or more of the following fields (preferred):
· Health care provider relations
· Insurance claims processing
· Medical billings
· Medical diagnostic and procedure coding
· Bookkeeping or comparable record keeping
· Financial eligibility assessment
· Health care/ Texas Medicaid procedures/regulations development/enforcement, or similar work
2. One year computer keyboarding (preferred)
3. Proficient in the management and support of an independent software package such as EPIC or SMART (preferred)
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Uses the Special Education Manager Software program with proficiency.
2. Uses the TEMS student information system with proficiency.
3. Uses/manages the Medicaid vendor software package/program with proficiency.
4. Provides technical assistance to service providers, supervisors, or program administrators in specialized areas of the Medicaid/ SHARS billing program.
5. Prepares the SHARS participant list for special education service providers (updated as necessary with staff changes) and submits to billing agent on a quarterly basis; checks & verifies the student/client participant list submitted by information systems prior to submittal.
6. Performs routine audit reviews, to include: ARD documentation, prescriptions, billing logs/tickets.
7. Performs routine checks to ensure all eligible staff are participating in the program.
8. Examines provider and recipient utilization data to identify system errors.
9. Maintains frequent communication with Medicaid/SHARS billing agent.
10. Trains SHARS providers and staff on the proper documentation of services.
11. Organizes and maintains a record keeping system for SHARS services.
12. Works with all SHARS providers to process billing tickets on a monthly basis and assists providers in the processing of those claims.
13. Works with the business office in the preparation of necessary documents and reports for cost reporting.
14. Responds to inquiries regarding the SHARS program and troubleshoots software problems.
15. Obtains SHARS billing required doctor’s prescriptions for providers.
16. Performs all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself and /or to others.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Special Education.
Computer, printer, copier, scanner, fax machine
Maintain emotional control under stress
Extensive time on the computer
Limited in-district travel
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. I acknowledge I received a copy of this job description.
Employee’s Signature: Date
Supervisor’s Signature: Date
The Mission Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.