Substitute teachers are needed for the 2012-13 school year. Substitute teaching allows for a very flexible work schedule, as many current substitute teachers accept assignments that coordinate with their other employment, schooling, or family/community obligations. Once employed, substitute teachers must work a minimum 8-days during the school year to remain employed as a substitute teacher for the following school year.
Applicants for substitute teaching receive correspondance concerning the status of their application through the email address used in their application.
Requirements for Substitute teaching include:
- Bachelor's Degree (in any area)
- Completion of an online application, including transcripts (uploaded to application), and personal/employment references with email addresses.
- Positive personal/employment references with email addresses
- The ability to pass a criminal background check, funded by the substitute teacher = $20.00
- Email account and telephone (or cellphone)
- Access to personal reliable transportation
- Substitute teachers earn $90 per day. A work day is considered 8 hours.
- Long-Term Substitutes, working for the same classroom teacher in a position that requires planning for, implementing, and evaluating instruction, grading, parental communication, etc, for 30+ consecutive days, earns $132.50 per day. In most cases, the substitute teacher must possess at least a bachelor's degree in education.
- A $25 bonus is paid for every five consecutive days worked as a substitute teacher.
- All individuals hired as substitute teachers will be participate in an basic orientation session at the Instructional Planning Center prior to starting employment.
- In addition to the basic orientation session, substitute teachers without a degree in education are required to complete an 8-10 hour online training course within their first two months of substitute employment. The District will fund the cost of this online training. Substitute teachers failing to successfully complete the online training within the first two months of employment will be removed from the substitute list.
- All substitute teachers are required to complete School Safety Training annually. This training is mandatory and paid. Training dates will be made available this summer/fall.
- Questions about substitute teaching should be directed to Rhonda Iddings, Sub Desk Operator, 605-367-7660, or email@example.com
Relay Services for Hearing Impaired: Dial 711, then the desired number.