Education Assistant substitutes serve on an on-call, as needed basis. Candidates offered employment as a substitute education assistant must undergo a criminal background check. Candidate funds the cost of the criminal background check, $43.25.
Rate of pay: $10.05 per hour
Requirements: High School Diploma or GED. Previous Experience working with students.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands of this job may include general activity such as sitting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, pushing and pulling throughout the school day. The position requires carrying and lifting of body weight and/or objects/equipment as well as pushing/pulling forces of individuals in wheelchairs and adaptive devices from1 to 40 pounds continuously, 40-60 pounds frequently and from 60 to 99 pounds occasionally.
1. Assists students in accessing transportation.
2. Provides personal care to students with special daily living needs (e.g., toileting, feeding, physical management) in accordance with established safety competencies.
3. Provides review and practice of skills taught by a teacher with students 1:1 and in small groups in special education classroom and/or regular classroom.
4. Works with students in schools and in community sites.
5. Prepares instructional materials as directed/selected by teacher.
6. Reinforces instructional/behavioral objectives with children as directed by the teacher/therapist.
7. Provides assistance to maintaining student records (charting, assignments, attendance, data for progress notes).
8. Monitors identified student(s) in lunchroom/on playground.
9. Maintain the confidentiality of students and their families.
10. May be requested by administration to transport students using personal vehicle.
11. Assists with management of student behavior.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.