- Assumes the facility supervisors duties and responsibilities in their absence, to include time cards, maintenance work orders, documentation, emergency situations and inspections.
- Supervises custodians assigned to the facility in maintaining housekeeping of the facility and adjacent grounds.
- Operates HVAC equipment for environmental comfort according to established guidelines and directives, and performs all operator inspections and maintains operator log sheets.
- Assists in inspection of the facility and adjacent grounds for security, vandalism, safety hazards, and housekeeping, and makes reports to the appropriate personnel.
- Follows the facility cleaning schedules and performs housekeeping cleaning in the work section assigned using approved housekeeping methods and acceptable standards. Inspects each work sections to ensure the facility is clean for the next day.
- Monitors inventory of supplies and equipment in each work section, and ensure they are used according to manufacturer’s directions. Also ensure tools and equipment are clean and in good condition.
- Report all emergency situation and problems, maintenance, and safety concerns to appropriate personnel; take appropriate action to ensure adherence to established guidelines and established procedures in the handling of problems and emergencies.
- Maintains good public relations and communications with coworkers, Principals, Department Heads and others supervisors.
- Performs all other tasks and duties assigned
- All federally funded incumbents of this position must comply with time and effort reporting requirements through personnel activity reports or periodic certification, as appropriate
- High school diploma; one year of job related training equivalent to one year of technical training; Advanced HVAC/MEP and completion of Module One required
- Two years of related job training
Knowledge in HVAC equipment operations, housekeeping cleaning procedures and custodial equipment.
Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required to achieve the goals of the position.
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to current District promotional policy and compensation guidelines. A campus-based employee may not assume a new position for which he/she was selected based upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the Executive Director - Human Resource Services.
The Dallas Independent School Board of Education is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all positions are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job related medical condition or handicap.