Position: Human Resources Specialist-- Multicultural Recruitment and Retention Specialist
Department: Education Equity/Human Resources
Accountable To: Director of Human Resources
Salary: $30,000-$40,000 per year depending upon qualifications.
Length: Start Date -- July 1, 2012 for a duration of one year with additional years added given budget approval and performance.
Benefits: Health, Vision, Life, Disability, Legal and Dental Insurance; vacation and sick leave.
Primary Objective: To recruit and retain employees of diverse backgrounds developing networks and sources of talent.
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in Human Resources or a related field.
- Excellent organizational and administrative support skills
- A deep understanding of a culture other than your own.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Attract and retain quality employees of diverse backgrounds.
- Create a culturally-specific resource list for posting vacant positions.
- Improve the recruitment and selection processes internally and externally.
- Foster relationships with colleges and universities to promote the District as an employer of choice for staff of color.
- Infuse inter-cultural competence in hiring practices throughout the District.
- Mentor District students of color who are interested education careers.
- Identify and implement strategies for retaining staff of color.
- Collaborate with the Office of Educational Equity, the Educational Equity Alliance, administrators and the District caucus for staff of color.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources and the Coordinator for the Office of Educational Equity.
Apply Online at www.isd622.org