Education Coordinator- WSC Academy- Brighton
The Education Coordinator has responsibility for enrollment and recruitment for the campus. The Education Coordinator will also be responsible for providing assistance to the teaching staff to enrich instruction and to supervise students attending the academy when behavioral interventions are needed.
A. Duties and Responsibilities
Enrollment and Recruitment:
1. Assists in developing and implementing student recruitment and retention activities.
2. Develops and maintains relationships with referral organizations and individuals.
3. Participates in community events, organizations and groups that could assist in promoting WSC academy.
1. Assist the teacher in monitoring and helping students complete their lessons, projects, and other goals.
2. Participate in the Behavior Intervention Plan writing and review process with other WSC staff, the student, their family, and other community members, as applicable (e.g., PO officers, etc).
3. Give creative input to Response to Intervention efforts with students.
4. Able to assist the teacher in the classroom by helping students individually, in small groups, or with the entire group of students.
5. Apply discipline procedures set by policy and/or school administration as needed.
6. Identify and implement incentives and motivation enhancement approaches with the students to encourage positive behavior and academic achievement.
7. Coordinate, plan, and link students to career exploration opportunities as needed.
8. Assist with Life Skills implementation for students.
9. Assist with College exploration opportunities as needed.
10. Ability to be detail-oriented and organized, for example, to be able to assist the school office in making truancy reports, tracking behavior trends, track student progress, think ahead to the needs of the students and classroom, etc.
11. Have the computer skills, knowledge, and ability to use technology as a tool.
12. Able to be a self-starter and independent worker while providing and receiving input from the
other team members.
13. Assist other staff in field trips, family dinners, or any other school-related events with students and/or their families.
14. Participate in individual supervision with the School Leader.
15. Participate in weekly team meetings with all school staff. Report on behavior issues, providing advocacy and support.
16. Participate in in-services, trainings and retreats, as applicable.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred or high school diploma with experience in business, teaching and or human service field.
2. Experience working with youth and/or families.
3. Experience working with volunteers and communities is preferred.
4. Ability and willingness to travel as needed and to use personal vehicle to fulfill job responsibilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.