Long Term Sub School Nurse-Birch Hill Elementary
Must be a licensed RN
Salary: $100.00 per day
1. Current licensed NH Registered Nurse or eligible
2. Basic Life Support CPR and AED (automated external defibrillator) certified
3. Good verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to operate a computer, prior experience with student or patient database information systems as well as standard operating software; word processing, database and spreadsheet programs.
Previous experience with pediatric, adolescent or urgent/emergency care preferred.
Good interpersonal relationship skills.
1. Care for emergencies, renders first-aid and, if necessary, makes arrangements for further treatment.
2. Inspect children in school for cleanliness of body, scalp and clothing, and for communicable disease; provides follow-up where required.
3. Contact parents to advise them of child's illness, if required; notifies school office concerning children released from school because of illness. Under the direction of the Principal will inquire into unexplained pupil absences.
4. Check the immunization records of all students to insure compliance with R.S.A. 200:38; notifies parents of deficiencies and informs Principal of non-compliance.
5. Arrange and perform medical screenings as necessary and updates all appropriate personnel and parents. Coordinate and make appropriate referrals for physical exams, clinics and screenings for families in need of assistance.
6. Insure compliance with all relevant statutes, regulations and policies including those pertaining to the administration of prescribed medication.
7. Maintain health, medication, clinic and examination records and files; keeps daily log of activities; maintains supply inventory in compliance with district and state nursing regulations, policies and procedures.
8. Assist and advise LPNs, LNAs and teachers assigned to special need students or classrooms.
9. Participate as member of building level evaluation team at assigned schools as required.
10. Inspect, periodically, assigned schools to insure safe and sanitary conditions and advises principals if a problem exists.
11. May be required to transport or accompany an ill or injured student to the hospital or home when necessary.
12. Counsel parents on health and nutrition problems; makes home visits in cases referred by authorized professional personnel, or upon parental request.
13. Perform such other related duties as may be assigned by the Principal or Head Nurse.
1. Full range of body motion including, but not limited to, physically assisting patients, requiring stretching, bending, lifting, sitting, standing, walking, pushing and pulling, manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Vision and hearing must be correctable to the normal range.
2. Ability to lift office supplies up to 20 pounds and perform a two person lift if necessary to lift a student or adult.