Modeling and Simulation Teacher
Closes: Open Until Filled
Bridging Communities Regional CTE Center
DATE POSTED: May 11, 2012
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
month, half-day (morning) positions with benefitsREPORTS TO: Center
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
- Year One: Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems,
Information Technology, Computer Science, Web Design, Digital Arts, Digital Media, Engineering or related field
- Year Two: (2013-2014) Bachelor's degree
in Industrial Arts, Technology Education, Modeling and Simulation, Gaming and
Game Design, Digital Media, Computer Aided Drafting and
Design, Engineering, Modeling and Simulation or related field.
- Year One and Year Two: Teaching
endorsement from Virginia Department of Education or commitment to take the
required classes in three years
- Accepts the challenge to establish a new Modeling
and Simulation Program operating in a regional Career and Technical Education
Center that opens in September, 2012.
- Develops and implement rigorous curriculum that
includes teacher developed student activities and teacher developed
- Teaches high school juniors the competencies
included in Design and Multi-Media I, Design and Multi-Media II, and Digital
Input Technology. Focus on
competencies included in Community College Web Design and Web Graphics classes
- Establish a FBLA chapter.
- Diagnoses the learning abilities/styles of all
students and strives to make all students successful.
- Meet state standards for student certification
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance to the
provision of the New Kent County Public School's Board policy.