DATE POSTED: May 11, 2012 CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten month, half-day (morning) positions with benefits
REPORTS TO: Center Director SALARY: Commensurate with experience
- Master's degree in Criminal Justice, Administration of Justice, or a master's degree with 18 graduate semester hours in Criminal Justice, Administration of Justice (preferred for year one; required for year two)
- Must be a Certified Law Enforcement Officer with 4000 hours experience
- Teaching endorsement from Virginia Department of Education or commitment to take the required classes in three years to earn required endorsement
- Accepts the challenge to establish a new Criminal Justice Program operating in a regional Career and Technical Education Center that opens in September, 2012.
- Develops and implement rigorous curriculum that includes teacher developed student activities and teacher developed instructional aides.
- Prepares high school juniors to take dual enrollment Criminal Justice classes as high school seniors.
- Help other teachers in the Technical Center establish a SkillsUSA chapter.
- Diagnoses the learning abilities/styles of all students and strives to make all students successful.
- Meet state standards for student certification testing.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance to the provision of the New Kent County Public School's Board policy.