DATE POSTED: May 11, 2012 CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten month, Full-Time with benefits
REPORTS TO: Center Director and High School Principal SALARY: Commensurate with experience
***This position will be split half-time at the Bridging Communities Regional Career and Technical Center and half-time at Middlesex High School.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Five years of experience in HVAC and Construction Trades with a focus on Carpentry and Electrical Wiring. At least two years must be recent experience.
- Must be prepared to take the three college classes required for a teaching certificate during the first three years of instruction.
- Develop a two-year HVAC program based on VDOE competencies, Rappahannock Community College HVAC Program Competencies, and current industry standards.
- Prepare students to take the Environmental Protection Agency test and pass a certification test at the end of year two.
- Build a relationship with area HVAC businesses.
- Promote program to the community and be prepared to explain the program to school division guidance staff, administrators and others.
- Work with other Trade and Industry staff to organize a functioning student SkillsUSA Chapter
- Develop and maintain the carpentry and electrical wiring program at Middlesex High School. Travel between the BCRCTC in New Kent and Middlesex midday is required, but travel costs will be reimbursed.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance to the provision of the New Kent County School Board's and Middlesex County School Board's policy.