Terms of Employment: Student scheduled days
Hours: 10:30 am -2:15 pm (3.75 hrs)
Desirable Position Criteria:
- Demonstrate aptitude for successful performance of tasks
- Be able to physically work in a standing position for prolonged periods and walk much of the time during the day
- Able to work in warm and cold surroundings
- Have manual dexterity to handle all kitchen equipment
- Able to lift materials weighing up to 30 pounds
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
- Assist in preparing foods; taste tests to check quality of product.
- May assist in setting up service areas.
- Assist with cleaning and storing of food, preparation, transporting and serving.
- Correctly portions and neatly serves food items.
- Clean lunchroom and kitchen after service.
- Is able to correctly operate all kitchen equipment such as dishwashers, slicers, mixers, ovens and all miscellaneous kitchen equipment.
- Practice safety precautions at all times.
- Is available to work on clean up day.
- Cashier lunch/breakfast
- Perform all other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the Board.
It is the policy of the Waukee Community School District not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), genetic information (for employment), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact the district's Equity Coordinator, Mr. Duane Magee, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, 560 SE University Avenue, Waukee, IA 50263. Phone number: 515-987-5161. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or to the Director of the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Des Moines, Iowa; or to the Director of the Region VII Office of Civil Rights, Department of Education, Chicago, Illinois. The Waukee Community School District complaint procedure in its entirety is located in the Board of Directors' Policy Manual. Procedures for staff are outlined in Board policy 405.5. Procedures for parents, students and community members are referred to in Board policy 502.9 and 1003.3. Copies of the Policy Manual are located in each Principal's office, the Administrative Office, the Waukee Public Library and the District's website, http://www.waukee.k12.ia.us.