Computer Technician 3
Eden Support Services Center
Employment: 12 months/year - benefited - full-time
Application Procedures: Please apply online and attach (upload) your letter of interest, resume, and three
current (within one year) letters of recommendation to your completed application no later than Monday, June 11, 2012.
Reports to: Technology Manager
- Minimum, two year technical degree in Computer Science and
three years related work experience.
Also acceptable is five years relevant experience in a Help Desk and
hardware/networking service environment.
- Microsoft A+ certification or equivalent repair experience
- Dell hardware certifications desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2010, Mozilla, Adobe,
Symantec, and Microsoft Image Administration required.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN administration/monitoring and Operating
system’s maintenance. (e.g., Microsoft Windows 7, Mac OS X, MS Server 2008).
- Network switching, Router experience, wireless and wireless
security experience desired.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have reliable
transportation for travel to and from schools within Christina School District.
- Perform diagnosis, maintenance/repairs on desktop/laptop
hardware and related peripheral equipment monitoring for continuous uptime.
- Provide hardware installation and support for printers,
smart media, projectors, document cameras and other District technology.
- Provide Operating system and application installation, imaging,
setup and support as necessary including desktop administration.
- Provide OS and application support as necessary providing
excellent customer service and follow thru.
- Provide network and server monitoring maintaining core
switches, routers and network shares on-site and remotely.
- Monitor and maintain wireless network and wireless security.
- Perform new equipment installation and setup.
- Provide on-site technology assistance for schools and
offices as needed.
- Perform other responsibilities as designated.
Employment is Conditional Upon Receipt of an An Acceptable Criminal Background Report, a Negative Pre-Employment Drug Screening and a Child Abuse Registry Check Showing You Are Not on the Registry at any Level
The Christina School District is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Board of Education of the Christina School District (“District”) that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or Vietnam Era veteran’s status be subjected to any discrimination prohibited by the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, as amended; the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972; and other applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders. This policy applies to the District’s programs and activities. Inquiries regarding compliance with this policy may be directed to Dr. Judi Coffield, Director of K-12 Services, Christina School District, 600 North Lombard Street, Wilmington, DE 19801; Telephone: (302) 552-2600