Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with flexibility as needed
Benefit Eligible Position. Pay is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
1. Supervises and provides work direction to the employees of the grounds maintenance staff.
2. Provides overall supervision of the Tonkadome, including opening and closing facility, operating dome timer, and enforcing district policies.
3. Performs grounds maintenance duties, including cutting and trimming grass, aeration, watering, weed control, trimming trees, maintaining bedding plants and ground cover.
4. Plans and oversees the grounds maintenance program, including cutting and trimming grass, aeration, watering, weed control, trimming trees, maintaining bedding plants and ground cover.
5. Supervises and performs general repairs of fencing, asphalt, concrete, storm sewers, irrigation, bleachers, tracks, and buildings.
6. Supervises and performs the set up, maintenance, and operation of outdoor practice/game fields, ice arena, and dome.
7. Supervises and performs snow removal and sanding for all District driveways and parking lots prior to the start of school.
8. Maintains and cleans grounds equipment.
9. Research products, equipment and procedures to increase efficiencies or lower maintenance costs or improve services as provided by the grounds department.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Minimum of three years of experience in grounds maintenance and snow plowing.
3. Must have supervisory experience.
4. Class “A” Drivers License with air brake endorsement.
5. Certified pesticide / herbicide applicators License.
6. Evidence of excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
7. Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to organize and maintain records.
8. Demonstrated accurate mathematical skills.
9. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both written and orally.
10. Strong mechanical and technical skills.
11. Demonstrated ability to effectively successfully complete a pre-placement physical capabilities examination at US HealthWorks at the District's expense.
Minnetonka Public School District
5621 Highway 101
Creating a culture of child-centered excellence depends upon the effort of every adult in our school system. In order for students to reach their highest levels of academic and personal achievement, all employees must recognize and appreciate the integral responsibilities they have as partners in the educational success of each student.
Working for Minnetonka Public Schools has so many benefits! We pride ourselves in hiring highly qualified employees who genuinely love children and inspire in them a passion to wonder, discover, create and excel.
All jobs from Minnetonka Public School District