POSITION: Assistant Director of Nutrition Services
Independent Tier II
HOURS: Full-Time,12 Month, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Nutrition Services
COMPENSATION: Salary schedule based on previous experience and education
The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting in the successful operation of the Nutrition Services Department. This position oversees menu planning and production, implements USDA requirements and assures compliance with quality control in kitchens. This position supervises and evaluates kitchen managers and oversees new employee orientation and training for Nutrition Services staff.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
Menu Planning, Production and Service
· Coordinate, oversee and participate in all team and collaborative efforts to develop Nutrition Services menus.
· Coordinate recipe development for all menus. Seek alternate methods of preparing food to maximize appeal to students.
· Coordinate research and testing of new products. Obtain relevant financial and nutritional information.
· Assist the Director in coordinating and supervising all food service operations to ensure regulatory compliance, operational efficiency and customer service. Conduct appropriate follow-up and corrective measures.
· Ensure that all menus meet USDA requirements. Perform menu analysis on all menus/ala carte foods to ensure compliance with state and federal nutrition guidelines.
· Conduct cost analysis on all products contained in menus.
· Assist with the development of menus for special diets as needed.
· Assist in the procurement of food, supplies and contracted services.
· Create and update catering menus as needed.
· Assist with special menu initiatives.
Human Resource Management
· Supervise kitchen managers and training staff.
· Assist in the recruitment, hiring, training, coaching and professional development of staff.
· Conduct performance appraisals as required.
· Establish and maintain excellent employee relations with all staff.
Site Management and Training
· Create and maintain training schedule for all new employees on food service and cashier duties.
· Conduct training as needed.
· Ensure site staff are prepared for Health Department reviews. Work with other staff to resolve Health Department findings.
· Assist Director in site management.
General Administrative Duties
· Assist the Director in the implementation of the Nutrition Services communication plan.
· Assist the Director in developing and implementing department goals and advancing the strategic plan of the school district.
· Assist with the development and implementation of standard operating procedures.
Other duties as assigned
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Food/Nutrition, Dietetics, Business, Institutional Food Service Management, Public Health or closely related area.
2. Three to five years experience in performing the essential functions of the job.
3. Demonstrated successful experience in leadership, management, supervision and teamwork processes.
4. Excellent customer service skills required including a strong orientation towards clients and partners, and teamwork.
5. Strong working knowledge of Nutrikids software.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good public relations skills.
7. Successful supervisory experience.
8. Ability to lead large groups of people to serve the nutritional needs of students and other customers.
9. Proven negotiation skills through work with staff and program stakeholders.
10. Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
11. Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
12. Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
- Master’s degree.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) or School Nutrition Specialist (SNS).
- Experience in an education setting with multiple buildings.
SPECIAL NOTE: Interviews will occur on or around June 14, 2012
ANTICIPATED START DATE: July 15, 2012 .
POSTING ENDS: June 11, 2012 at 4:00 pm