The mission of the West Milford Township Public Schools is to prepare all students for further education, productive work, responsible citizenship, and personal fulfillment. The district seeks a visionary educational leader for the position of Director of Special Services.
• New Jersey State Standard Principal Certification required and Chief School Administrator Certification preferred
• Previous experience as a Director of Special Services preferred
• Earned doctorate preferred
• Ability to develop positive working relationships with all parents in the community
• Serve as educational leader and administrative officer for special needs programs
• Assist administration in enforcing federal and state laws, board and administrative policy and regulations relating to special education
• Plan, develop, implement and evaluate special education programs
• Develop a positive learning and social environment for students with special needs
• Communicate effectively on special education matters with the board, administration, parents and the community.
Application must be completed on-line in Applitrack at https://www.applitrack.com/wmtps/onlineapp
"New Jersey First Act"
"Effective September 1, 2011, all employees of school districts must reside in the State of New Jersey, unless exempted under the law. If you already work for the school district as of September 1, 2011, and you do not live in New Jersey, you are not required to move to New Jersey. However, if you begin your office, position or employment on September 1, 2011 or later, you must reside in New Jersey. If you do not reside in New Jersey, you have one year after the date you take your office, position or employment to relocate your residence to New Jersey. If you do not do so, you are subject to removal from your office, position or employment."
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer