Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in game
strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic
competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop
an appreciation of the sport.
Education and/or Experience
Experience in physical education, coaching/Football,
first-aid, CPR, sports medicine and high school diploma.
- Organize, coordinate, promote, and generally manage a
comprehensive sport program that is designed to meet the needs
and interests of the school community.
- Stress the importance of academic achievement to students,
including daily supervision of the required Study Hall.
- Establish positive and productive relationships with
parents and the surrounding school community.
- Collaborate with teachers, counselors, and administrators
to ensure the continued academic success of students.
- Informs each student on school policy, activity
eligibility, and team rules.
- Be responsible for complying with GAC and NFHSA athletic
and scholastic rules.
- Have a thorough knowledge of MHSAA recruiting requirements,
including the Clearing House.
- Complete accurate inventory of equipment, uniforms and
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in
which assigned sport is conducted at all times students are
- Establishes sound program of injury prevention and follow
- Supervise all students in his or her charge at all times,
on the way to, during, and returning to school from athletic
- Demonstrate a high degree of ethics, professionalism, human
relations, and be a positive role model for all students at all
times when carrying out these duties.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Applicant must be able to pass a criminal
Interested candidates must apply online and submit a
letter of application, resume' and three letters of
recommendation to the attention of:
Salli Stevens, Superintendent
Westwood Heights Schools
3223 W. Carpenter Road
Flint, MI 48504