· Teach Language Arts to High School students.
· Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
· Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
· Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
· Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
· Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and –in harmony with the goals—establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and communicates these objectives to students.
· Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
· Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s mission statement.
· Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides reports as required, as well as notifying parents of student progress when necessary.
· Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
· Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
· Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
· Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
· Works cooperatively with all staff and parents.
· Other duties as assigned.