LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:
$41,300 - $58,779
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
1. Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
2. Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned
3. Highly qualified as per NCLB guidelines
1. Knowledge of subject(s) assigned
2. General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
3. Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
4. Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Develops and implements lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Prepares lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
3. Presents subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
4. Plans and uses appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
5. Conducts assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
6. Works cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
7. Plans and supervises assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
8. Uses technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
9. Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
Student Growth and Development
10. Helps students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
11. Conducts ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
12. Assumes responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsors outside activities approved by the campus principal.
13. Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
14. Manages student behavior in the classroom and administers discipline according to board polices, administrative regulations, student code of conduct, and IEP.
15. Creates classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
16. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
17. Assists in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
18. Establishes and maintains open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
19. Maintains a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
20. Uses effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
21. Participates in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
22. Keeps informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
23. Compiles, maintains, and files all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
24. Attends and participates in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
25. Demonstrates interest and initiative in professional improvement.
26. Demonstrates behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
27. Performs all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself and/or others.
28. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Supervise assigned teacher aide(s)
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. I acknowledge I received a copy of this job description.
Employee’s Signature: Date
Supervisor’s Signature: Date
The Mission Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.