Notice of Job Vacancy
BOYS’ VARSITY SOCCER COACH
Everett High School
Job No: # 2450 Posting Timeline: JUNE 1-11, 2012
Location: Everett High School Starting Date: ASAP
Salary: Per appropriate placement Bargaining Unit: L.S.E.A.
on the LSEA master agreement
1. Michigan teacher certification preferred.
2. Prefer previous record of positive coaching and competitive experience in boys’ soccer.
3. Ability and willingness to work and communicate positively with students, staff, administrators, parents,
community, and press/media.
4. Able to teach fundamentals of boys’ soccer along with regulations, rules, and strategies.
5. Knowledge of facilities, equipment, CPR and emergency first aid care.
6. Commitment to philosophy of fair play and sportsmanship.
7. Committed to support the school, school district, and athletic conference; to attend related meetings
8. Available for practices, contests, and bus trips.
9. Prefer knowledge of the NCAA eligibility standards, MHSAA rules and regulations, and Lansing School
District athletic eligibility policy (Board Policy 5130).
10. Must have and maintain a current CPR certification and first aid training.
Special Note: All newly hired coaches of the Lansing School District
must complete the MHSAA program for athletic coach’s education (PACE)
or equivalent program before their third competitive season.
ONLY THOSE APPLICATIONS ASSIGNED TO A SPECIFIC JOB NUMBER WILL BE CONSIDERED;
A GENERAL APPLICATION DOES NOT SATISFY THE APPLICATION PROTOCOL.
The Lansing School District accepts on-line applications only. Applicants
are to submit a (1) Complete and detailed LSD Application (educational
background, specialized/technical training, work experience, most
recent performance evaluations), (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Letters of Recommendation, (5) Seniority Date, if applicant is an LSD bargaining unit member.
In the event the applicant cannot upload or scan
the additional required documents, they can be submitted by mail or in
person on or before the posting expiration date. The applicant shall
indicate on the packet of information the position for which the
materials are intended using the following statement: Please
attach this packet of additional information to my on-line application
for job # (insert #), (insert job title). I have submitted an on-line
application under the name, (insert your name) and assigned it to the
job number indicated.
Lansing School District, Attn: Human Resources Department, 519 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48933
Phone: 517-755-2000 Fax: 517-755-2009
The Lansing School District
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its
educational policies or practices on the basis of religion, race,
color, sex, national origin or handicap of any individual.
For more information on employment opportunities with the Lansing School District, please visit our website at