7th Grade Language Arts
Closes: until filled
L. Thomas Heck Middle School
7th Grade Language Arts-(Writing)
- Bachelor's degree in education with a minor in
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate and Fingerprint
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board
may find appropriate and acceptable.
To develop in each pupil skills of listening, speaking,
reading, and writing that are fundamental to good communication
and literate citizenship; to develop appreciation of good
literature of all types; to motivate pupils to read widely for
information and recreation; to develop standards for critical
judgment of written and oral communications transmitted by mass
media; to discover and develop special talents of pupils in the
field of English.
- Teaches content and skills in English language, literature,
composition, and reading to elementary pupils, utilizing
appropriate learning activities.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter
specified in state law and administrative regulations and
procedures of the school district.
- Adapts English material and methods to develop relevant
sequential assignments that guide and challenge pupils.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids
appropriate to the interest and maturity level of pupils;
maintains required inventory records.
- Adapts the curriculum to provide individual, small group,
or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the individual
- Develops standards for critical analysis through group
discussions based on a variety of mass media and classical and
- Encourage pupils to think independently and to express
- Evaluates each pupil's progress in English skills
(listening, speaking, reading, and writing).
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior
needed to provide an orderly and productive classroom and
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other
professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils
solve health, attitude, and learning programs
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on pupil
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the
assigned working day.
- Works with pupils and other classroom teachers in such
activities as preparing materials for the school newspaper or
yearbook, assisting with PTA programs, or coordinating entries
in essay contests.
- Administers or monitors group tests.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental
- Participates in faculty committees and sponsorship of
- Maintains professional competence through in-service
education activities provided by the District and/or in
self-selected professional growth activities.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Employment
Salary and work schedule to be established by the Governing