Posting dates: 7/13/12 through 7/19/12 or until filled
Hours: Monday through Friday 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Class I - 11Months
Provide secretarial support to the Principal and ensure effective office operation. May delegate work to other office staff. Type correspondence and reports; schedule rooms; screen and answer calls; may compile information for computer data base and assist student, staff and general public.
Essential job functions include the following:
- Perform multiple clerical functions simultaneously such as: composing and typing correspondence, staff bulletins, newsletters, etc; answering phones; opening and distributing mail and coordinate bulk mailings; operating office equipment; greeting visitors; assisting students, staff, parents and visitors, monitoring and recording student absences; organize and maintains files; and process confidential information for principal.
- Report all staff absences to payroll and schedules substitute teachers or in-house subs in emergencies, prepares, verifies and processes payroll information for subs and paras (including time cards), direct subs to rooms and ensures that they have necessary assignments and equipment. Train teachers on use of sub calling system. Complete paperwork for employment changes and extra assignments.
- Prepare and process all building purchase orders. Order, process and track all office supplies, equipment and student materials. Keep the building's books and monitors budgets. Prepare and make all bank deposits and maintain petty cash fund.
- Maintain information on computer such as student and staff information, class lists and registration and run reports as needed.
- Register new students for school or co-curricular activities, notify appropriate staff, create files, request/forward information as needed, and coordinate kindergarten round up.
- Delegate work to other office staff and/or volunteers.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist principal in preparing reports, parent and staff handbooks, and projects as needed.
- Distribute and keep records of keys for all staff and parking permits for students.
- Coordinate special programs and/or activities such as graduation, field trips or bussing. Prepare reports as needed.
- Post notices on bulletin board, take minutes and publish minutes of meetings.
- Assist with other duties as assigned such as making coffee for meetings and conferences, make arrangements for meetings, maintaining school calendar of events, etc. Assist other staff and/or departments as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High School graduate or equivalent plus three years clerical experience.
· Must possess and display excellent human relations skills when dealing with staff, students, and parents.
· Ability to read and interpret documents, ability to write routine reports and correspondence, ability to speak effectively and interact positively with staff, students, parents, community and vendors.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts and ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Proficiency with computers and related software/hardware. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies. Regular attendance.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities required include close vision.
$17.86 per hour during six (6) month probation
$20.42 after six (6) month probation