6.5 hours per day, student days, Food Service Worker II at Eagle Creek Elementary.
Salary dependent upon current grade and step.
1. Prepare kitchen for daily tasks – Turn on all equipment, take out necessary food and supplies. Follow daily plan as determined by the supervisor.
2. Assist with food preparation – Bake food items and prepare onsite food as needed per menu. Prepare all other food needed for the day. Unload food delivered from another kitchen or help put food away, if needed, on delivery day. Take temperatures of food items to ensure it meets HACCP standards.
3. Assist with food presentation – Assist in setting up the serving line, serve food to students and staff in a professional manner, and serve food at appropriate temperatures.
4. Cashier – As needed for breakfast and lunch.
5. Provide assistance to staff as needed – train new cook helpers and assistant cooks on daily duties, assist FSW I if needed, fill in for head cook in their absence.
6. Store and dispose of unused food – Cover and store food items in proper locations and at proper temperatures according to HACCP procedures. Dispose out dated food as directed by the head cook.
7. Assist with clean up and cleaning of the kitchen – Clean freezers, refrigerators, storage area; sanitize all food prep areas and equipment daily.
8. Close down kitchen at end of day when necessary.
9. Perform the functions of Head Cook when Head Cook is absent.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of food service procedures, practices and equipment.
Level 2 or 3 certification preferred.
Knowledge of food service regulations and standards, ability to follow written and verbal directions.
Ability to lift 35 pounds, ability to perform major and daily cleaning, ability to assist with food preparation.
You must be a permanent employee of the district to use the internal application. Substitutes are not considered internal applicants and must complete the external application.
Apply Online at http://www.shakopee.k12.mn.us/ under posting 1596.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. Those selected for interview will be contacted.