POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Position: School Psychologist
Qualifications: * Educational Specialist Degree or equivalent upon approval by the Idaho State Department of Ed
* Idaho Endorsement – School Psychologist
* NCSP certification preferred
* Spanish speaking skills a plus
* Highly trained in both psychology and education
* Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
1. Collaborate with teachers, parents, and administrators to find effective solutions to learning and behavior problems
2. Help others understand child development and how it affects learning and behavior.
3. Strengthen working relationships between teachers, parents, and service providers in the community.
4. Evaluate eligibility for special services.
5. Assess academic skills and aptitude for learning.
6. Determine social-emotional development and mental health status.
7. Evaluate learning environments.
8. Provide psychological counseling (individual and/or group) to help resolve interpersonal family problems that interfere with school performance.
9. Provide training in social skills and anger management.
10. Help families and schools manage crisis, such as death, illness, or community trauma.
11. Design programs for children at risk of failing at school.
12. Promote tolerance, understanding, and appreciation of diversity within the school community.
13. Develop programs to make schools safer and more effective learning environments.
14. Collaborate with school staff and community agencies to provide services directed at improving psychological and physical health.
15. Develop partnerships with parents, teachers, and others to promote healthy school environments.
16. Evaluate the effectiveness of academic and behavior management programs.
17. Identify and implement programs and strategies to improve schools.
18. Use evidence-based research to develop and/or recommend effective intervention.
Salary Range: Based on Psychologists Salary Schedule