Description: The DuPage Regional Office of Education sponsors teacher in-service programs offering graduate credit in partnership with Aurora University, Benedictine University and The National College of Education of National-Lewis University during the Fall, Spring and Summer terms of each year under coordination of the Teacher In-service for DuPage Educators or TIDE program. Courses taught and Instructors are approved by the partner university.
Job Summary: TIDE program instructors are responsible for all administrative obligations and instruction for any course assigned. Recordkeeping, recording/reporting, updating course syllabi, collection of extra-ordinary cost fees, duplicating materials and management of the classroom facilities. In most cases, syllabi are already prepared. However, periodic revisions are required.
- Completion of requirements for a Master's Degree. A doctorate degree is preferred.
- Teaching and/or administrative experience at the elementary, middle or secondary levels is required.
- Demonstrated exellence in verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrated excellence as an educational leader with strong organizational, problem-solving and human relations skills.
- Experience with collaborative groups and processes in an adult student environment.
- Experience with instructional technologies including word processing, spreadsheets and data systems.
Compensation for Services: TIDE Instructors are paid for services rendered with applicable deductions. Active TRS members will have deductions as required.
* TIDE instructors teaching courses through Aurora University who are active members of the Illinois Teacher Retirement System (TRS) may be subject to "excess income" penalties if they have entered into retirement contracts with their school districts. Active TRS members currently in or entering retirement agreements should consult with TRS representatives before applying for TIDE instructor positions. The DuPage ROE is a contributing member of TRS. Income earned is subject to mandatory TRS contributions.
Application Procedure: The DuPage Regional Office of Education uses an on-line application system available a www.dupage.k12.il.us. Job postings are found in the School Information tab. Select "Regional Office of Education Vacancies". Applicants for TIDE Instructor positions are required to complete an on-line application for a posted position, electronically submit three (3) recent, signed professional letters of recommendation. a letter on introduction expressing your interest in teaching specific TIDE program courses and a copy of a recent resume for consideration. All required documents must be attached to your electronic application. Academic transcripts of undergraduate and graduate work may be required by partner universities. No documents should be sent by mail, faxed or delivered in-person to the DuPage Regional Office of Education.
Selection Procedure: Applications from qualified candidates are reviewed by TIDE program coordinators. Selected candidates are interviewed by TIDE program coordinators. Approved candidates are forwarded to partner universities for approval. Additional applications may be required by partner universities.